Sunday, July 28, 2013

And She's Back!

Always hard to come home from Hawaii, I find. I love it there so much. But, this time we left the kids at home and I missed them - so that made it easier to get on the return flight! Usually, on the way to the airport, I am making plans to find a job there (haha - I am Canadian), grabbing real estate magazines to look at homes for sale and generally making ridiculous plans to move my life there. Those islands just feel right to me.

This was the view from our hotel room. Just gorgeous.



The same view at night.



On Friday nights our hotel puts on a firework display on the beach. We decided to watch from our room. Let me tell you - we were not disappointed with this show! Though, we were slightly surprised at how CLOSE they were to our balcony and how LOUD they were so close up! We were on the 31st floor and near the end of the building - it felt like we were IN the show haha!



Up on return to good old Maple Ridge, I have been sewing some on this and also spending time contemplating on how these two stacks might go together...





Inspiration in this, this and this maybe? I do love me an HST. I am definitely challenging myself with that first stack of lighter pastel-ish colours (I must admit, I do just love them!), as I have been working with mostly brights lately. I am going to have to sit on this for awhile (I just had an image of me actually sitting...ok, forget it - that's just silly!) and let my creative mind work it out.


I did manage to sneak one small quilty thing home from Waikiki...


Makes me smile sitting on my sewing table. Good memories!


Hope you have all had a great weekend and enjoy your week ahead.

~Lisa

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip! Love your souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful place to holiday - amazing views by both day and night. Love your low volume fabrics - decisions to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful place and some great fabrics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have a hard time leaving too. The views from your hotel look amazing. But is always nice to be home. I love your low volume fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them.
    PS. that little pincushion is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hawaii, too! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Your fabric stacks are luscious!

    ReplyDelete