Friday, June 21, 2013

A Wee Gift...

Can you guess what I am making??? Those colours sure seem familiar...hmmm...



Here I will do the last bit of rotary cutting and maybe that will help...



Aha Pencils!!!!

And even better...PENCIL pencil cases. Hee hee!!! Inspired by this adorable one I saw by Amy at Badskirt last night while blog reading. I loved it so much, I pulled the fabrics before I went to bed and sewed them directly after I dropped off the wee man at school this morning. Noooo, I am not obsessed with them. Ok, maybe a little (big) bit.

One is for keeps and the other one is filled with sewing notions and chocolate and being sent off to a sweet bloggy friend who did something awfully nice for me. It's a tiny thank you for a kind gesture.



If you would like to make one too, you can find the tutorial here at Gwenny Penny.

Happy weekend all!!! Linking up with 'Finish it up Friday' at Crazy Mom Quilts and 'Let's get Acquainted Monday' hosted by Ange at Heart of Charnwood.

~Lisa

23 comments:

  1. So lovely, I think I need to make one, too. Great choice of fabric, I especially love the HR flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black fabrics you have used for the pencil leads. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sew cute! I can see why you were tempted into making these. Your fabric choices are just lovely, too. What a great gift!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute that it hurts me to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute Lisa! Your are going to make that friend so happy. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I love the idea. The colors are great together I can see lots of projects using the original blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very, very cute. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that is super cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most awesome thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that is so adorable. I have to learn to make these! Cute Cute idea!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute - love the fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh....love it!! Way cute, you go girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. The fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Just spotted these over on badskirt's blog not too long ago and have definitely bookmarked that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome! what a perfect fabric pull for the, too. it'll be a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab Lisa, great make, and thx for the link, i've pinned it to make one for my daughter. Thx for linking up :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea - Looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very cute. Love the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete